City of Rocks Star Party - Friday, July 22nd & Saturday, July 23rd, 2011
View some of Idaho's darkest skies surrounded by spectacular geologic scenery. Located 1 hour south of Burley near Almo, Idaho,
City of Rocks National Reserve
/Castle Rocks State Park offers camping,
nature trails, rock climbing, wildlife viewing, and more.
Schedule of Activities:
Please dress warmly, and fit all flashlights with a red filter to protect night vision.
- From Boise: Take I-84 East to exit 216 (Declo); go south on Idaho 77 to Conner Creek, then southwest on the Elba-Almo road to the visitor center in Almo and the park entrance.
- From Pocatello: Take I-86 West to I-84 West to exit 216 and proceed as above.
- From Ogden and the Wasatch Front: Take I-84 west to exit 245 (Sublette) and go west to Malta. From Malta take Idaho 77 to Conner Creek, then southwest on the Elba-Almo road to the visitor center in Almo and the park entrance.
- From Burley: Take Idaho 27 to Oakley, then south along the City of Rocks Back Country Byway.
- Or, download an area map here.